Thursday, April 19, 2007

Craziness I'd love to join...

I met three great guys today. Jim, Larry and Charles (he's the RV driver) were a pleasure to talk to. Polite. Quick with a smile. These three are part of a four-biker team (John and Ed, the other two cyclists, were on their bikes when I poked my head into their RV) crossing the US from California to Maine to raise money for various charities. They've been averaging somewhere around 60 miles each day. They hope to be done with their trek and safely back home before Father's Day. Today they stopped in Argonia on their way to Winfield where they plan to spend the night. They visited the River Park and stopped in at the city building.

Sound crazy to you? I'd love to join them in their insanity. (Sigh!) Maybe some day I'll get to do something similar. For now, I'll have to settle for watching their progress at 4oldguys.com. Safe and flat-free travel guys!

No comments: