Monday, July 9, 2007

Horseshoes, hand grenades and...

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...or so the old saying says. I beg to differ. Close counts in biking too. I have had close encounters with all sorts of critters. This week on vacation I added several new animals to my nearly missed list. They're marked with an asterisk below. These recent meetings inspired me to post the following list.

Animals I Have Nearly Hit:
  • Beetle
  • Box Turtle*
  • Canadian Goose*
  • Caterpillar
  • Chipmunk*
  • Deer
  • Dog (Duh!)
  • Duck*
  • Possum
  • Rabbit
  • Skunk
  • Snake*
  • Snapping Turtle* (very large)
  • Squirrel

Most of these have run (or slithered) out in front of me along U.S. Highway 160, but a few have stepped into harm's way on back roads and bike trails.

Animal lovers, please note! I DID NOT HIT ANY OF THESE CREATURES! Don't write to me and tell me how cruel I am. Please.

No comments: