Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Recovery...

Yesterday I soloed 20.18 miles on my Giant Sedona at 18.6mph. It was hard work. I was ready to quit at times. It wore me out. My legs were buzzed.

So this morning I rode recovery - same miles, 20.12, but a much more reasonable 16.3mph pace. I rode the entire time seated in a lower gear...didn't stand up on hills. My legs will be happier tomorrow, more willing to endure torture again, because I rested today.

There's a life lesson here. When you're working your tail off, busy as all get out, you need time to recover. Rest is not sin, friend. Take a break some time this week. Nap. Enjoy a hobby. Walk. Chat with a neighbor. Pray. Laugh. Visit the library.


To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at www.associate.com/groups/webmessage.

No comments: