Wednesday, June 16, 2010

a long, hot ride

i started work at 5:00 this morning. spent all morning and the early part of the afternoon sitting, so when i got home at 2:15 i was ready to ride.

i headed out on the highway around 3:30 and after a quick turn around to retrieve my forgotten sunglasses, rode out toward wellington. i wanted to get in at least 34 miles to put my total mileage for the week over 100. with the short rides on monday and tuesday mornings, i wasn't sure i was going to do much more than that this week, but last night's ride (which put me past my total mileage for 2009) and this afternoon's ride did the trick. wish i had time for longer rides like this more often.

it was hot - 85 degrees - and some what muggy - 66% - this afternoon, so i didn't push too much. i drank all my gatorade and almost wished for more before i pulled into my driveway. it's a good thing i'd downed several beverages earlier in the day. i might have been in a bit of trouble without a little pre-hydration.

i'm cooled down now and ready for a nice evening at home. i think i'll pop in a movie and relax. drop by if you like. (35.30 miles @ 16.7mph)

No comments: