Thursday, June 3, 2010

recovering from sickness

between puking up everything i had in my belly and alternatively sweating and freezing, i didn't sleep well last night. thankfully, the former ended by midnight. the latter kept me awake for hours after that.

i woke up at 6:00 and decided i felt well enough to get out for an easy recovery ride. i dressed quietly so that my wife wouldn't wake up and tell me i was stupid for trying then slipped out the door.

i felt okay for most of the ride. i explored some of the trails near the camp, climbing slowly when they headed uphill. i coasted down the short inclines and just spun my pedals.

after about a half hour of riding around the camp, i dropped down the mountain to the camp sign and rode back up. that was probably the worst decision of the day. it took a bit out of me coming back up. obviously i made it. i took one more circle around the camp, dropping down by the dining hall and then creeping back up to the horse stables. i finished just as my "time to wake up" alarm went off.

my wife was up when i walked in. she frowned at me and scolded me a bit. exactly what i had expected. i'm showered and shaved and ready to go to breakfast now. hopefully my health will stay with me for the rest of the day. (5.18 miles @ 7.7mph)

No comments: