Friday, February 9, 2007

I can only imagine...

Imagine heaven. Pause before the gates of pearl. Look at the sparkling foundations, bejeweled and bright. The walls, the streets, you see them – pure gold, transparent as glass. Enter now and bow before God’s throne. See the sparkling emerald rainbow encircling your King. Gaze at the dazzling beauty of the crystal sea. Can you see it? Now taste! Drink the cool, clear water of life. Feel it splashing your feet, soothing them as you dip your cupped hands in the river’s rushing flow for another draught. Savor the succulent fruit from the tree of life, no longer guarded by angels with fiery swords.

And now see Jesus as he comes to you. Can you can see his face? His eyes. Look! They’re dancing as they gaze at you. He’s in love, smitten. Your heart is undone. What do you do? What can you say?

“Surrounded by your glory what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you, Jesus or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine.” *

And I will. Will you? Find joy in your glorious inheritance today. Imagine!


* I Can Only Imagine, Words & Music by Bart Millard / ©1999 Simpleville Music


To receive my once or twice weekly message via email and join the "webmessage" discussion group, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages (there are well over 100) are available at www.associate.com/groups/webmessage.

No comments: