Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Only days to go...

With today’s early dismissal, my family's end-of-the-school-year mantra has changed. For weeks, it’s been, “Only 34 and a half days to go” or “Only 22 and a half days to go” or “Only 13 and a half days to go.” Now it’s just “11 days to go.” The half day is gone.

Everyone’s getting excited. My kids are thrilled because fun in the sun is just around the corner. They love to swim. The pool is a block away. My wife is ecstatic because when these eleven days are over she’ll become the new Kindergarten teacher, a dream come true. She’s going to be great! And less stressed...maybe. And me? I’m looking forward to coaching Argonia’s swim team and visiting my brother in Iowa over Independence Day. I haven’t been to his place for years.

Anticipating the good things ahead reminds me today - as it often does - that there is a day coming that will be better than any day I’ve ever lived. That day, the day I die or the day Jesus returns for his bride, will be incredible beyond description. Can’t wait! Okay, I can, but I’m eager for that day. No kicking and screaming from me when it comes...I hope.

This world is not my home. I’m just a passin’ through.

“He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon!’ Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20)


To receive my once or twice weekly message via email and join the "webmessage" discussion group, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages (there are well over 100) are available at www.associate.com/groups/webmessage.

No comments: