Monday, August 25, 2008

Our wedding day approaches...

It happened again last weekend. I was attending the wedding of friends and my heart was blessed as a sense of passion for my Lord welled up within me.

I don’t know what it is, maybe I’m getting old, but every wedding I’ve been to over the past year or two has stirred up great joy in my soul as I think about the ultimate wedding, the only wedding at which I will be the bride. I will someday in the not too distant future, along with the rest of the church, be united with Christ in marriage. I don’t know all that means, but I know that the same sense of anticipate and happiness that accompanied my wedding day twenty-one plus years ago is mine whenever I think on this matter. I was eager to be united to my wife then. I am more eager to be united to my Savior now. I can’t imagine anything better than the marital bliss, untainted by pride and pettiness, that the saints and Jesus will enjoy forever.

May God give you a sense of expectation as you await the wedding of the Lamb.

(I’m going to another wedding this weekend. Yippee! Pray God’s blessing on my brother-in-law and his fiancĂ© as they become man and wife Saturday.)

No comments: