Sunday, February 1, 2009

Unnecessary crudeness...

Just finished watching Super Bowl XLIII. Great game! One of the best I've ever seen. Loved the 100-yard interception runback. Loved the wild back and forth scoring in the fourth quarter. The penalties that changed the game so drastically on more than one occasion kept me on the edge of my seat. I would've loved to see Kurt Warner win another one before he retired, but it didn't happen. Congrats to the Steelers! Winningest franchise in Super Bowl history. I have to appreciate that.

What I do NOT have to appreciate is the unnecessary crudeness in so many of the commercials. I'm watching this game with my kids and Doritos throws images of a woman being disrobed by a bite out of a chip. She's wearing slinky lingerie with garters underneath. What a woman wears under her dress is her business, but showing us has no place in prime time. Shame on you Doritos for airing such trash. I have NBC showing more women in lingerie crawling into bed with some guy as they promote their filthy line up. I had to change the channel almost every time the network promoted itself. GoDaddy.com. I don't even know what to say. They've been sleazy from day one. They haven't improved.

Who thinks of these things? Who says, "Great idea!"? Who okays such junk for broadcast? Certainly not any grown ups! We are a nation of 50-year-old adolescents. Rebelling forever against all that is decent. Disgusting!

No comments: