Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Which is more disgusting?

This is a post from a blog that I follow. It asks a pretty important question in the abortion debate. (The video was linked to, but not a part of the original post. It is graphic in nature, so view only if you are prepared to see the naked, unadulterated, ugly truth about abortion.)



I linked to these abortion images in a comment at the blog of pro-abortion Christian who insists that he loves science but repeatedly denies the scientific fact that a new human life begins at conception. He had told me to “think compassioniately,” so I pointed him to that excellent pro-life site and questioned his compassion.

His response:

That’s pretty disgusting Neil. Really.

My response back to him:

Why is it disgusting? I mean, I think it is disgusting viewing the remains of crushed and dismembered human beings. But for those who insist that it wasn’t a human being who was destroyed, it isn’t any more gross than your random episode of House.

We should use caution when showing images, but there is no reason they should not be part of the debate. After all, what could be more relevant than an image of what is being discussed?

People have been in denial far too long about what abortion really does.

So which is more disgusting: Images of abortions or the abortions themselves?

The other blogger thinks it is the images. I think it is the abortions.

Guest Blogger, Neil

No comments: