Monday, June 15, 2009

Ten channels...

I've had a digital converter box attached to each of our two TVs for quite some time. I got the government's coupons and purchased them months before the original deadline for the change over. During the transition time I got six channels, losing channels 8 (PBS) and 10 (ABC) which were weak on analog. On Saturday, the day after the switch over, I discovered that I had even less channels. I lost channel 12.1 (CBS) and 12.2 (CBS Weather) and 36.1 (UPN). My total channels dropped to three - 3 (NBC), 24 (Fox) and 33 (WB). I was a bit frustrated until a friend told me to rescan for channels. What a difference that new scan made! I now have ten channels - NBC, three PBS stations, ABC, two CBS stations, WB, Fox and UPN. I only wish I could've had ABC back before the end of the NBA Finals. I didn't get the opportunity to boo and hiss as the Lakers won their 15th championship. Trophy hogs!

No comments: