Thursday, June 18, 2009

We almost met...

I've added very few people as friends on Facebook who I didn't know before I received their friend request. Of those few, I have met only one face-to-face - Jeff Billingsley, a Memphis, TN, police officer. (He's a great guy even if he called me a jerk when I at first rejected his friend request! I posted something about that encounter when it happened, but I can't seem to find it now.)

Tuesday at the Wal-Mart on West Kellogg in Wichita I almost met a second - Jonathan Wright, an itinerant preacher who has the same name as a friend from Indiana's son. I saw him walking the main aisle near the front of the store and thought to myself, "That's that one guy!" But I couldn't remember his name, so I just stared at him and didn't say a word.

Today I sent him a message on Facebook explaining where I was when I thought I saw him. Within just a few hours I got his reply: "That was me! Next time say hi. Would love to meet you!" Bummer. We almost met. Next time I'm saying hi. What's the worst that could happen if I'm mistaken? I could get a strange "get-away-from-me-I-have-no-idea-who-you-are" look.

Here's to greater bravery next time!

No comments: