Friday, August 27, 2010

day two of blah

throughout my ride this morning i kept thinking, "same ride, second verse, a little bit longer, a little bit worse."

following the advice of the more experienced - at least the advice that i liked - i rode really easy again today. it is major accomplishment for me to do that two days in a row. my legs felt great. i could've ridden much faster. i didn't. i intentionally chose monotony for the benefit others claim it will give me in my race tomorrow. at least there was some new road kill to note this morning. poor little skunk. :(

i found out yesterday that my DM friend from wellington, bryan j, will be running in south haven tomorrow morning. i had invited him to ride back to argonia after the race, but he has other plans. so we'll run against each other then part company.

i am taking my bike with me so i can ride home. expect a bit of hammering in my next cycling report. there's no way i'm namby pambying it three days in a row. (22.10 miles @ 15.0mph)

No comments: