Friday, January 26, 2007

On the road again...

Finally, after days of ice and snow and temperatures too cold to mention in polite company, a perfect day for riding arrived. Today!

The snow and ice are still on our street, so I strapped on my bike rack, hefted my two-wheeler onto it and drove a quarter mile north to the high school parking lot. There I unloaded my precious cargo, hopped aboard and, with two clicks, I was headed down Highway 160. It had been more than two weeks since my last excursion, a short ride on the 11th. It felt good to pump pedals again - outside! Something about exercise bikes in a gym isn't quite right.

So I rode 20.2 miles today putting my total over 100 miles for the year. A cold front is coming in this evening, but at least it's not supposed to snow.

No comments: