Friday, January 19, 2007

Vocabularians join me...

Believe it or not, language is not static. It changes all the time. Think about it! Three years ago had you ever heard the word "blog"? Yet you're reading one now and you blink not once at the word's existence.

"Who makes up these new words?" Vocabularians, that's who. People who learn new vocabulary, use newly grasped words and create language for others to use. How do I know this? I are one...a vocabularian that is. I've made up and used dozens of previously unknown words - vocabularian happens to be one of my most recent discoveries. Vocabularian is a very useful word. My kids and I use it all the time. We are a vocabularian family. (See it can be used adjectivally, too!) Now you can use it...and be one, joining Mikey and his clan in joyful wordufacturing. (That one just sprang to life as I typed it.)

So how about it? Will you join me? I await the rich new nouns and verbs lurking in your subconcious. Click on the comment link below and share your baby words with the world.

No comments: