Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Expecting too much...

This cartoon expresses so well what it's like (for me at least) to be a pastor. I sometimes feel like I am supposed to know everything (even if I've not been given the facts). I sense expectations from others that I should be good at everything - counselling, preaching, visiting, writing, office work, etc. I know I'm "supposed" to be nice all the time and never offend.

I wish I was good at all that stuff. I wish I knew everything, but I don't. In reality, I'm good at a very few things. I am who I am because that's who God made me to be. He gave me the gifts I have and gave other gifts to others so the church could be whole.

I'm thankful that the church God has assigned me to is aware of this and that the many gifted people that surround me are willing to work for God's glory. God bless Argonia Friends Church!

No comments: