Sunday, November 22, 2009

To the rappers...

My brother's latest blog post includes a rap song that he and the folks at Cross Media Productions produced. Here's what he wrote about it...

There’s not really a job description that includes everything I do at Cross Media Productions. I may think I’m going in to an average, ordinary day at the studio, but then I’m blindsided by something out of left field. This happened recently. Pastor Marwan, who is our sound mixer-song writer-ditty singer-everything audio man, came to me the other day and said he needed help with a rap song he was putting together for Radio Al Tareeq. “Okay,” I said, little knowing what I was getting myself into. He wanted me to write some English lyrics for this song. Me, a rap song writer?! You’ve got to be kidding! So, he gave me a basic idea of what he wanted content-wise and said he needed it finished today, as soon as possible. Wow! I got a pen and some paper out and began thinking. To make a long story short, I finished it, not that day, but by the next day. After working out all the kinks, it is now finished. Maybe to my detriment, I would like to share it with you. I may still not prefer rap music personally, but I think what Marwan and the rest of the staff at Cross Media Productions is doing to reach the world is admirable. I’m sure the song will never hit number one on the charts, but you never know, it could be the one thing that someone needs to step across that line from bondage to freedom. That’s why we do the silly things we do, I guess, isn’t it? Enjoy!

Until I can get the song to post here, this
link will have to do.

No comments: