Thursday, November 5, 2009

The work of God on display...

The story of a man born blind is found in John 9. The man is spotted by Jesus' disciples and they ask Jesus nonchalantly, "Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

Jesus' reply blows me away...and gives me hope.

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

Not every "bad" thing that is in this world is truly bad. Some things which are "bad" are truly good because, if God steps into the situation as he does here, the world sees God's goodness in the most amazing ways.

Jesus heals the man a short time later. Puts mud on his eyes and tells him to wash it off in the Pool of Siloam. The man does as he's told and when he reaches for the towel after the washing he can see the towel! He can see!

And boy does God get some glory from him. His parents hear what has happened. The crowds hear. The Pharisees hear. God is praised by some, cursed by some, but he is seen by all.

Whether I was born with ADHD or developed it over time, I do not know. What I do know is that this has happened, I have been diagnosed, so that "the work of God might be displayed" in my life. Watch and see what only the One and Only can do!

To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

No comments: