Wednesday, July 28, 2010

narcissus reports

this morning i will report on my ride as if i were narcissus. (if you don't know who he is, google his name and look for a guy primping in a mirror.)

i got up this morning because the sun was rising just for me. the warm rays reaching the ground were there to bronze my muscled legs as i pedaled smoothly along the highway.

i noticed almost immediately that the county highway department had finally repainted the lines on the edge of the road for me. i had been wondering if they even remembered i existed. i will have to call and thank them for making my road safer for me.

i rode slowly on purpose. i wanted to make sure that the work i had done on my legs yesterday during interval training would not slip away. i wanted the power in my legs to increase, so i rode recovery today. my legs are worth it.

i made it back to my driveway at just the right time. i had time to report to my adoring fans on dailymile and still grab a shower and some mirror time before i headed to my highly important job.

narcissus is disgusting, isn't he? good thing he doesn't normally report for me. (20.11 miles @ 15.7mph)

No comments: