Friday, July 9, 2010

new trails

finally! a recovery ride worthy of the name. i took off around 8:00 this morning for a nice easy ride on my own. while everyone else slept in, i rode a number of bike trails on the south west side of wichita. i didn't push at all on the uphill sections. i coasted down most of the descents.

while i was out, i discovered a few trails i hadn't been on before. they were mostly extensions of trails i'd ridden before. one was really fun. it ran passed joyland (a now defunct amusement park) and then over a bridge that crossed i-135. a steep switchback took me up to the bridge deck. it was kind of eerie watching cars speeding below me.

i made it back to my in-law's house just in time for coffeecake. my legs were happily rested and i feel much more ready for monday's century. (25.40 miles @ 13.6mph)

No comments: