Thursday, May 26, 2011

6.20 miles in 51:36

connect.garmin.com/activity/88112691

i woke up with my alarm clock this morning. amazing! i don't remember the last time that happened. i'm such a lazy bum. i guess it was all the box hauling and lifting yesterday that did me in. speaking of which, i was really stiff and sore when i rolled off the side of the bed and knocked the stupid clock across the room. ugh!

i dressed to run and headed out. it was a perfect 47 degrees when i started running. i had little expectation for a good day. i didn't feel 100%, so i was just going to run a couple of miles and call it good.

my route evolved as i went. i was just going to run up and down the streets north and south over to main street and back, but when i got to that point, i kept going. then i was just going to go to the other side of town and cut back across vine. again...i kept going. then i was going to stop at five miles, but i kept going. i was too close to a 10K to stop and my time was pretty good.

so i did my first 10K in months on a whim and PR'ed. my best time before this was 52:57! woohoo!

No comments: