Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Do it now...

I'm a bit of a piler. (Not sure that's a word. What I mean is I'm a person who piles things, a passive-aggressive procrastinator.) I (sometimes) open the mail and if it doesn't have to be done NOW!!! I stack it. Wouldn't really be a problem except that when you stack bill, you sometimes miss deadlines. Checkbook balancing is kind of a headache too when you have to catch up with three or four statements. I pile other stuff too. My jacket and work stuff by the door. Magazines by my bed. Drives my wife batty sometimes.

So why am I telling you all this? First, because confession is good for the soul and second, because I'm turning over a new leaf - at least for this week. My new motto is, "Take care of it now!" I processed the mail today and have a form that is due back to my health insurance provider in five days ready to be signed by the chairman of trustees whom I've already called and asked to stop by. I've sent out reminders to several friends about a few important tasks. I was supposed to do that two weeks ago, but I kept putting it off. I found my reminder to remind people when I was deep cleaning my office yesterday. I almost threw it out! And I wrapped Christmas presents today...ALL OF THEM!

No more piles...at least not the long-lasting kind that go stale. I hope I can do it...NOW!

No comments: