Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow in Las Vegas...

My cousin who lives in Las Vegas sent me a link to this crazy picture (AP) from Las Vegas. Here's what he wrote about the snow...

The snow was kind of dramatic for us...all departures from McCarran airport cancelled tonight, so not good for all the stranded tourists who can't even rent a car and drive home to California, since I-15 is closed and no one is allowed to drive to California!!! A snow day for Thursday, virtually unheard of here -- schools are closed! 8 inches of snow on the ground in Henderson! 3.6 inches or so of snowfall recorded at the Nevada Weather Station at the airport. A rare and historic day for us. The Boulevard Mall, near where I live, had to close at 6 p.m. tonight in the middle of the holiday shopping due to a power outage that was still out when I watched the 11 p.m. news. Fortunately for me, my home didn't lose power like many others in neighborhoods close by. The branches in my back patio space are all sagging to the ground under the weight of the snow!!! Unreal. I think the worst is over, though and things will get back to normal fairly soon.

No comments: