Monday, December 15, 2008

God's good plan...

God has a good plan for my life. It is to make me more and more like His Son Jesus. That’s what God’s Word says.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.” (Romans 8:28-30, NIV)

God is working on me. Every day he’s doing more. Every interaction with others he uses to shape me. Every problem builds His character in me. Every encounter with His Word is pointing the way toward Christ-likeness.

Have I arrived yet? No! I am a child of God here and now, but I am not all that I will be. I’m still living. I’ll only “arrive” when I leave this world and enter paradise.

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.” (1 John 3:1-2, NIV)

“Arrival” at perfect Christ-likeness happens when we see Christ face-to-face. It’s still true, though, that God is working on me.

He’s working on you too if you’re one of his. Every day the Father conforms you more and more into the likeness of his Son. He uses every interaction with others to shape you. He allows problems to build your character. He points the way toward growth through every encounter you have with Him through His Word.

You are God’s special project. I am too. How cool is that? We are valuable to God. The always-has-been-and-always-will-be cares about the just-starting-to-be. The immortal loves the mortal. The one who has it all chooses to invest in those who have nothing to offer him but themselves. Amazing!

God thinks I’m worth investing in. God thinks you’re valuable. God loves us. Let’s serve him with everything we have.


To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

No comments: