Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lacking peace?

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.”

- Isaiah 9:6-7a

When I am lacking peace, especially at Christmas time, the Lord brings this verse to mind. Jesus came to bring peace. He is the Prince of Peace. The question then becomes, am I allowing Jesus to rule as Prince in my life? Do I submit to his governing of my life and mind?

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)

Perhaps those areas that feel chaotic or stressed are the very places I am trying to control by myself. May you and I, both, allow the Prince of Peace to rule in our lives this Christmas and on into the new year!
- Guest Blogger, Susan

No comments: