Wednesday, December 9, 2009

By the numbers...

Today's ride by the numbers...

1 hour on the bike. (Who cares about the extra 15 seconds?)
2 tires on the road.
3 areas of slightly exposed skin. (Two eyes and a mouth.)
4 gloves worn.
5 layers on top.
6 icy bridge crossings.
7 dog barks heard. (I made that up.)
8 articles of clothing on my feet.
9 days in December so far.
10 fingers lost to amputation. (I'm kidding!)
11 degrees at departure. (My coldest ride ever!)
12 "You're crazy!" comments expected on Facebook.
13 degrees upon return.
14 mph avg on the way out.
15 mph northwest winds. (Wind chills below 0F.)
16 miles ridden. (And 16.3mph avg!)
17 icicles on my beard. (I made this up too!)
18 DailyMile.com friends who would not have ridden today.
19 ice patches avoided.
20 toes thawed in a hot shower.

No comments: