Saturday, December 26, 2009

a long wet ride

a steady, soaking rain is falling in delaware today. all morning i could hear eric's voice in my head saying, "you're not going to let a little rain keep you from riding are you?" i'd look out the window and sigh. still raining.

eric's voice finally won out around 1 or 2pm. i grabbed my biking stuff and headed out. i invited my brother-in-law to go with me. he declined. so i rode alone.

it didn't take long for my clothes to reach the saturation point. i was soaked. but i was happy too. no more stewing inside with nothing to do.

all the snow was gone so my fear of sliding sideways took a back seat as i plunged down hills. my climbing legs were stronger. i had less trouble ascending than i did on wednesday when we arrived here. my heart and lungs need just a little more training and they'll be on board too.

tomorrow, my brother-in-law says it will be a nice day. we'll go riding then. here's hoping for company.

as for my 3,650 mile goal for the year: i passed the 3,600 mile mark today. less than fifty miles to go. (19.90 miles @ 15.7mph)

No comments: