Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grace for Bruno...

A real life youth pastor was tricked into a part in the raunchy Bruno recently. Here's what he said in an interview with Plugged In Online...

What does Jody Trautwein, a youth pastor at Point of Grace Ministries church in Birmingham, Ala., think about getting punk'd by Brüno? When the New York Post asked him that very question, he responded, "Having counseled those that have been in the homosexual lifestyle and understanding the perversion and deception that accompany that lifestyle, I did not think him that unusual. I had encountered those things before." He continued, "No one likes to be deceived. But the bottom line was, whether it was Brüno or the man I now know as Sacha Baron Cohen, I knew that the truth of God's word was going straight into his heart."

More to the point of this review, Trautwein told The Birmingham News that even though he unwittingly became a part of the film, he's not interested in seeing it. "There can be very blasphemous things in there," he said. "I have no desire to see the movie in its entirety. I have no desire to expose my heart and mind to what's in there. It's an example of the deception and perversion that is trying to enter our world through the entertainment industry. The holy and precious things of God are not to be touched and not to be mocked. I pray God has mercy on Sacha Baron Cohen."

Well said, Pastor Trautwein. Well said. (www.pluggedinonline.com)

No comments: