Wednesday, September 29, 2010

statistically interesting ride

my headlight almost went out five miles from home. other than that my ride was actually pretty boring, so let me energize you with a few stats from this morning's westbound out and back...

four cars passed me. 25% of them honked at me in a friendly, "beep! beep! i see you and don't want to hit you" way. 50% were foreign models. 50% were domestic. 50% of the domestic vehicles were (or should I say was?) SUVs. 50% were big gas guzzling luxury cars. 100% of the cars passed me in the first six miles of my ride. 50% of them passed me between miles three and four. the other 50% passed between miles five and six. 50% were headed west. 50% were headed east. of the westbound cars 50% moved entirely into the eastbound lane to avoid me. the remaining 50% moved slightly onto the opposite side of the road.

one panel truck passed me in argonia a half mile from home. if i'd added him into the mix, i would have had to get out a calculator to do the percentages. 100% of the trucks that passed me were going west. that's all i'm saying. (15.93 miles @ 17.1mph)

No comments: