Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For loving and setting me free...

Dennis Jernigan, a Christian singer and songwriter, a worship leader who knows how to help the church express its love to God, spoke these words at the beginning of his album, You Are My All in All, Volume 2.

“In this day and age the world around us is falling apart. Financial problems, social upheaval, abortion, murder, child abuse, homosexuality, the rise of the occult and Satanic worship, chaos, utter hopeless and this list goes on and on. Is there any hope for healing and restoration? Is there any hope at all?

“How about something as devastating and hopeless as homosexuality. Can God heal that? Yes he can. How do I know?

“Well as you listen to these songs you’ll hear the heart cry of one whom God has delivered. And you will hear one who has received hope. You will hear songs born out of the gratitude and brokenness that comes from intimately knowing almighty God, who loves us more than we can possibly comprehend. And because of what he has done for me, I know there is nothing too big for God. He is almighty God.”

A few songs into the album he sings his thanks to the God who paid his debt and set him free from the grip of homosexual sin.

“For all that you’ve done I will thank you. For all that you’re going to do. For all that you’ve promised and all that you are is all that has carried me through. Jesus I thank you.

“And I thank you, thank you, Lord. Thank you, thank you, Lord. And I thank you, thank you, Lord.

“Thank you for loving and setting me free. Thank you for giving your life just for me. How I thank you. Jesus I thank you. Gratefully thank you. Thank you.”

We could all, those of us who have believed on Jesus, sing that song. Think about your sin. It’s been forgiven. Think about the habits that bound you for so long. You’ve been set free. Think of the relationships that were falling apart. They’ve been made whole.

“Thank you for loving and setting me free. Thank you for giving your life just for me. How I thank you. Jesus I thank you. Gratefully thank you. Thank you.”

To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

No comments: