Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just a wasp sting...

After yesterday's biking fiasco, I was a little leery about this morning's roll out. I wondered what the winds would do to me. In short, they did no harm. They acted exactly like expected. Not sudden shifts. I started east with the wind in my face. I crept up to 16.4mph at around five miles out and then dropped a bit ending my outbound journey of 16.36 miles at 16.0mph.

I turned around and headed back. The wind remained at my back the entire way home. I got back up to a respectable 18.0mph average before leaning my bike up against the wall in my garage. 32.72 miles completed in under two hours and the only thing out of the ordinary today was a wasp sting at 27 miles. (You know you've had a really bad day recently when a good day is a day with "just" a wasp sting. A little Benedryl and some ice are taking care of that quite nicely.)

I live to ride another day!

No comments: