Friday, April 29, 2011

3.01 miles in 27:05

connect.garmin.com/activity/82375138

my plans for the evening changed when my daughter's surgical incision turned up looking nasty after a day of walking on it. fearing infection, we made a trip to the emergency room and got some antibiotics.

when we got home, no one was here because the whole family had volunteered to help out at the elementary's fun night. since my daughter was fine and dandy, i decided to knockout the rest of the miles i needed to put myself on target for my year's running goal. i just had to do it.

i ran the three miles at a really easy pace, not caring at all about speed. i just wanted to run it. about two miles in, i started feeling the effects of my ill-advised mcdonald's supper. fries and a burger are not the best pre-run meal. ugh! i gutted it out and finished my last mile without incident.

so i'm on target for my running goal. now i've got to get to work on making up the deficit in my cycling miles. i'm way behind in that department!

No comments: