Wednesday, April 13, 2011

a batty, rabbity ride

connect.garmin.com/activity/78962247

i keep sleeping "late" and missing the opportunity to get in a long ride. grrr! i didn't even wake up until after 5:00 this morning. thankfully, i didn't have to layer up too much, so i hit the road around 5:30. the ride out to the east, after a brief misstart because i didn't change my garmin over to biking, was pretty uneventful. i just put my hands in the drops and pedaled into the wind. the ride back, however, was full of interesting stuff. first, i nearly hit a bat! that's never happened before. i'm riding a long and all of a sudden there's this brown flash of flappy stuff shooting in front of my bike light about a foot off the ground. crazy! then a few miles later, i notice a dead rabbit on the road and, a second later, a live rabbit streaks across the road right in front of me. he's lucky he was fast enough to get out of my way, because i didn't have my hands on the brakes. i would've hit him! it would've been a sad easter if i'd killed the egg laying bunny! i actually rode too far this morning. i miscalculated the amount of time it would take to get back home and ended up pulling into the garage too late to fix the waffles my girls had requested. we had english muffins instead. tomorrow will be waffles.

No comments: