Thursday, April 14, 2011

bugs are in the air

connect.garmin.com/activity/79118969

it's officially spring! i got hit in the head by a bug twice on my ride this morning. the first one hit me in the lips! glad my mouth wasn't open. the second one hit the side of my forehead and bounced off. i've got a hard head!

as for the rest of the ride, i had to deal with a little bit of an easterly headwind on the way out. it wasn't much, but it was strong enough to make me think i didn't have time for the 20 miles i wanted, so i turned around at nine miles. i turned around and sped back home. the wind gave me such an advantage, that when i got to my "home" corner, i had fourteen minutes to spare. i spent about eleven of it spinning down main street and then returning home in time to fix waffles. i wouldn't have gotten away with putting them off another day. (20.30 miles @ 16.2mph)

No comments: