Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lemon Park Criterium...

I was supposed to meet some friends for a ride this morning. On Facebook, it said we were meeting at Lemon Park at 9:00. At ten till, I rode out of my driveway and beat a path for the park.

I arrived just before 9:00 and, since no one else was there, took a lap around the park. Still no cyclists. I took a second lap and then stopped in the parking lot to wait. The minutes clicked by slowly. Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc.

After five minutes, an eternity by ADHD standards, I decided I'd might as well make good use of my waiting and took off for another loop around the park. That one loop became I don't know how many. I just kept spinning around the park.

No one ever showed up. I finally left the park after 14 miles and headed back home. I took a slightly different route than I had on the way out and ended up with nearly 16 miles for the day. (garmin data)

No comments: