Friday, December 14, 2012

Wandering around quickly...

I should make up songs in my head while running more often. It keeps my mind off my pace and I end up running faster than I would otherwise. I ran almost perfect negative splits this morning - 8:35, 8:26, 8:16, 8:13, 8:10, 8:07, 7:52, 7:52, 7:48.

I didn't really have a plan when I started out this morning. I was just going to run. I ran along School until I reached Main, turned right and started wandering. I didn't think much about where I was going until I got down to Tenth Street, then I decided to see if I could keep from crossing my path. It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be and I ended up having to do it once to avoid going way out of town and a second time because I found myself at what I thought was a dead end. I could have worked my way out of it, but I don't know the north side of the railroad tracks very well, so I just doubled back and ran on.

The only unpleasant thing about this run was the shirt I chose. My GoRun shirt was the first running shirt I bought two years ago. I loved it and the store it represented. This morning I was reminded of why I don't wear it often any more. The seams under the arms rub me raw. Ouch! (garmin data)

No comments: