Friday, March 5, 2010

hang on to your helmet

it's a good thing my helmet was securely fastened today. the warm wind could've taken it right off if it was strapless. other than the wind, the day was beautiful - 61 degrees, sunny, a few fluffy clouds dotting the blue expanse above. compared to what i've been used to...perfect. but there was that wind. grrr.

i fought my way out to osborn road, a little dirt track that runs south to no where in particular, then turned around. the wind helped a bit going back, but not as much as you'd think. though it was southeasterly in direction, it was more south that east, so i was constantly wobbling as gusts hit me, blowing me toward the ditch.

it's supposed to be windy and warm again tomorrow. unfortunately, riding is kind of iffy right now. i don't know if i'm going to have time between my daughters' forensics meet which i'm judging and the girls' sub-state basketball game. i'm taking my bike with me in hopes. if i don't ride, it will be my first "miss" of the year. grrr. (16.45 miles @ 16.7mph)

No comments: