Monday, March 1, 2010

Number your days aright...

You and I are mortal. The day you cease from your labor for the Lord is coming. My last day is just around the corner. It won’t be long.

What did David say? “Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath.” (Psalm 39:4-5, NIV)

A breath. That’s what we’re living here. A breath. Here, then gone. We would do well to remember that.

“Teach us to number our days aright,” David said in another song, “that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV) A good prayer. One God will answer gladly. He loves giving wisdom to those who ask.

To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

No comments: