Thursday, September 25, 2008

The heavens declare (take 2)...

This morning as I got ready to run, I looked outside and it was sprinkling. I almost, almost did not go out. But I grabbed a jacket and my iPod, deciding to run anyway.

At the end of the drive as I turned west, there was a rainbow to the south. As my eye traveled, looking for the 'other end', Charlie Daniels was belting out a rockin' country version of Awesome God. The beautiful mix of purple, green and yellow blended together into a full arching rainbow going from the south to the north without a break! Absolutely spectacular! Running, I listened to God's awesomeness, marveled at His creation and praised Him for the promise the rainbow represents.

I was not looking forward to the point I would need to turn around and head back; putting the rainbow behind me. As I neared the 1/2 point to turn around, Awesome God ended and the next song come up. I remember thinking it would not be nearly as fitting as Awesome God. But here are the words I heard as I ran toward the rainbow; the visible reminder to us of God's promises.

Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing , power and majesty praise to the King. Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of your name.I sing for joy at the work of your hand. Forever I'll love you, Forever I'll stand, Nothing compares to the promise I have in you!

As I enjoyed this colorful, fully arching rainbow, our visible reminder of God's promises, I turned around to head back east and I heard: Nothing compares to the promise I have in you, Oh Nothing compares to the promise I have in you. My Jesus, my Savior, Lord there is none like you.

What a great way to start the day; and to think ... I almost missed it!

- Guest Blogger, Carla

No comments: