Tuesday, December 26, 2006

.38 Special

With apologies to the band...you Can't Keep a Good Man Down. This Travelin' Man's last .38 miles today were special. They were extra, unneeded, excess, superfluous, nonessential! I made my goal this morning! I was A Long Time Gone - 2 hours, 32 minutes and 33 seconds - but I made it 39 miles. When I reached my goal just before 10:00am, I stopped on the side of the road, stepped off my bike, threw my right hand in the air and cheered. Woohoo! It's tradition. I do it every year when my goal falls. I just have to Tell Everybody. Who needs Four Wheels when you have two?

So now What Can I Do? I can take a few days off. It's supposed to be cold, wet and windy for the rest of the year. I hate being wet while I'm riding. I like cold just slightly more than I like wet and windy...yuck! So I'll leave my bike in the garage until January 1, 2007, then I'll Find My Way Back to my trusty steed and I'll start chasing again. 2007 will be another Long Distance Affair. Bring It On!

Oh, and I met my other goal for the year too. I started 2006 with a 16.6mph day and decided that morning to see if I could keep my average above 16.0mph for the year. I did that. In fact, I kept my average at or above 16.6mph for all but three days this year. My ending average over 3650.38 miles...16.6mph! I am Chain Lightnin'. Woohoo!


(If you don't get all the italicized words, visit .38 Special's website.)

No comments: