Monday, December 18, 2006

Caught!

I'm 2.15 miles ahead of my biking goal now! I started the day planning to ride about 50 miles. That would've cut my goal's lead drastically. I ended up riding 90.41 miles. Don't ask how that kind of thing happens. It just does. I get to my turn around point, feel good and just keep going. Not that I ever really felt good today. It was cold. (Started at 32 degrees.) It was windy. My first 40-some miles I only averaged 12.7mph. I picked up quite a bit of speed over the next 40 miles - the wind at my back - then lost a tenth at the end. Who cares! I made it! Woohoo! I hope the weather holds long enough for me to get in a few miles tomorrow so I don't fall behind again. It's supposed to be nasty! Cold and wet! Yuck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mike, on meeting your biking goal! Are you ready to bike out to Oregon yet? Dan Cammack

Unknown said...

Actually, I haven't made my goal yet. I just caught up. (Actually, I'm falling behind again because of the weather.) But I will make it. The weather can't be bad forever.