Thursday, December 14, 2006

Just about missed it...

In all my hurry to make up miles before the end of the year, I almost missed a major milestone this week. Some time during my ride Tuesday, I passed my lifetime (on this bike since purchasing an odometer) 13,000 mile mark. I've worn out a number of rear tires and one front tire in the three years it's taken to get to this point. (I've only had four flats.) I've also replaced my chain (thrice), both my front (once) and my rear cassettes (thrice) and my rear brake pads. Oh, and my seat. The first one developed a hole this summer. Good bike! Thanks for all the fun!

Speaking of fun! I missed by just a teensy-weensy bit a double bold red letter day today. I averaged 17.9mph (needed one measly tenth more) and maxed out at 34.2mph (eight tenths shy). Oh, well! Double red is good too. Today makes three in a row.

(See Chasing hard... for complete red letter rules.)

No comments: