Friday, December 8, 2006

Baby it's cold outside...

It's 35 degrees out right now with a southwest wind at 14 mph. (The wind chill is 26 degrees.) I just got back from a short lunch time ride on my bike and I'm sweating. Too many layers up top I suppose. Not much excitement today. The dog at King's was hiding from the cold. Silly dog! The 18.5 mph average I attained in the first quarter mile (with the wind at my back) quickly evaporated when I turned west and headed toward Danville. By the time I returned home - after a short 10 miles - my average had dropped to 15.4 mph. I've ridden just over 3300 miles this year. I'm hoping to finish out the year at or over 3650. Not sure now if I'll make it.

For those who care and since this is my first bike log type entry, my bike is a 2003 Giant Sedona. I've changed out the original pedals for clipless Forte Campus platforms and added a Polar heart rate monitor, Cateye halogen headlight and Planet Bike cyclocomputer to the handlebar. A Cateye LED taillight on my seat post keeps me from being rear ended. I run Kenda tires with a smooth tread since I ride mostly on the road. I'm saving for a road bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot for 3650 Mike. You can do it! Sincerely, Mike Sanders