Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Beware of Wednesdays

I think I ought to warn you that I attend a Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class at First United Methodist in downtown Wichita every Tuesday night. I love this class. The discussion in my small group always encourages me and Jim's lecture always challenges. I come home late filled up with new insights into God's goodness and mercy and power. Because it's late and have to hurry my kids off to bed - they attend too - I don't have time to write about what I've learned until Wednesday morning. So beware of Wednesdays. New challenges from God's word are pretty likely to hit this blog on that day each week. (I say that knowing that I won't be going to BSF next week or the next or the next. We're taking a break until January 9th. I'll miss it.)

Thanks Jim. You bless me every Tuesday night. Thanks Charles and Thane and Daniel and Delane and Woody and Dennis and Larry and Jim and Willard and Chuck and John and Jeff and Todd and Joe. Your insights help me grow. I love you with Christ's deep and wide love. Don't be discouraged in your struggle against sin. Ask God for help. Teach those God's given you charge over. Bless your kids. Oh, and Merry Christmas! God is with you!

If you'd like to join our class, assuming you live near enough to Wichita for that to be feasible, I invite you to start your new year out right and come to the introduction class on January 9th. It will start at 6:55pm in the sanctuary of the church at 330 North Broadway. (Parking is on the east side of the church on Topeka.) If you want more info on this class or want to know where you can find a class in your area (I know some of you don't live near Wichita), visit the BSF website.

No comments: