Thursday, September 24, 2009

Done...

At the beginning of the week I could not imagine being done with all I had to do. I had three funerals to prepare for and perform. I had an EMS schedule to put together. I needed to get the church newsletter to our editor. I had volunteered to teach the high school Sunday School class in the regular teacher's place and needed to think through that. I had my regular work - sermon prep, bulletin revision, song service planning, etc. - to do too. And those were the responsibilities I knew about on Monday. On Tuesday, teaching the lesson at both youth groups was thrust upon me when my co-leader, Matt, came down with the flu. (Hope you're feeling better, my friend.)

What I could not imagine Monday morning, is now a reality. I am done with all my work - at least the prep part. (I still have two funerals to perform Friday morning and Saturday afternoon.) I even wrote a new sermon Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. It's a bit shorter than my usual, but new is good. (No one's going to complain about a short message.) I had planned on pulling something from my files, but blessed me beyond what I knew was possible.

I give God all the glory! I could not have done all I needed to do without his assistance. I am grateful to Him and praise His name!

No comments: