Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Making godly decisions...

Eight questions to ask when making a decision...

1. The scriptural test - Has God spoken about this in His word already?
2. The secrecy test - Would it bother me if everyone knew this was my choice? See Prov 11:3.
3. The survey test - What if everyone followed my example?
4. The spirit test - Am I being people-pressured or spirit-led?
5. The stumbling test - Could this cause another person to stumble?
6. The serenity test - Have I really prayed about this and received His peace in this situation? The Holy Spirit IS NOT going to confirm something that is going to hurt you.
7. The sanctification test - Will this keep me from growing in the character of Christ?
8. The supreme test - Does this glorify God? Glorify - to give an accurate reflection of who He is.

- June Hunt
www.hopefortheheart.org

No comments: