Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mr. Donovan said, "YES!!"

I'm getting that Cadillac jersey. (See 'An ethical dilemma...' below.) I was in Wichita to visit someone in the hospital and stopped in at Donovan Auto Sales, an authorized Cadillac dealer, and asked if I could test drive a beautiful red CTS. I explained why and they gladly handed me the keys. The owner and one of the salespersons are avid cyclists.

My fifteen minutes behind the wheel were a blast. The CTS is a fun car to drive. (If I was in the market for a car that costs almost as much as my annual income, I'd pick one up tomorrow...maybe.) I pulled back into the parking lot without having put a dent in the car and got my "free jersey" form signed. I faxed it to Bicycling Magazine from the Friends Ministry Center and was on my way to the hospital in no time.

So I'm getting my jersey and I didn't have to compromise my values to get it. Yippee!

No comments: