Monday, May 16, 2011

2.01 miles in 14:33

connect.garmin.com/activity/86087175

i'm running in a 2-mile race this saturday and decided i'd test the legs and lungs to see what they could do over that distance. i started out really fast, keeping my pace well under 7:00 pace for the first half mile or so. i let up just a little and just kept my flow going for the next half mile and ended up completing the first mile in 6:59.

i pressed on, dipping to the south. i kept up my effort, hoping for a second mile faster than the first. unfortunately, i just couldn't do it. despite a valiant attempt, i finished the second mile (+0.2) in 7:34, dragging my average speed down to 7:15.

i'm not complaining. last week i ran the same distance at 8700 feet and it took me 17:33. knocking three minutes off that makes me pretty happy. a little more speed work this week and i'll nail that 2-miler saturday.

No comments: