Friday, May 27, 2011

i'm back!

connect.garmin.com/activity/88287927

three weeks! that's how long it's been since i took my road bike out on the road. that's just wrong! i confess my sin and this morning i did something about it. i rode!

it was a cool 55 degrees when i left, with a strong southeast wind. now, remember, i'm a kansan, so when i say strong wind, it means something. i hardly even mention a wind under 10mph.

it was slow going on the way out. i crept along up the hills with the wind in my face at around 12mph. on the flats i occasionally got up to 15mph. at the turn around, my average was 13.9mph.

i love turning around on a windy day. the difference is amazing. i cruised up to over 20mph with little effort and spun my way home past the dead possum and the smear of guts i can only guess were once a deer. there wasn't enough left to tell.

i got back a few minutes before i had to go on call for ems. perfect! (20.08 @ 16.0mph)

No comments: