Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5.00 miles in 44:26

connect.garmin.com/activity/86233700

my wife was out of bed before me this morning. when i walked into the bathroom she was getting ready to run. unbelievable! i got dressed to go with her. i wasn't going to miss this!

we ran a mile at 10:11, one of the fastest she's ever done! we stopped for a bit and walked and then ran a second mile at 10:43, still good for her. she pushed it hard at the end of the mile, we were running at 9:15 when we pulled up.

after walking home, i took off for another mile at an easy pace. i just wanted some mileage. i ran a 8:23 mile without a bit of problem and then went in to fix breakfast.

after breakfast, i walked my wife to work and then ran two more mile repeats. still trying to keep from going all out, i ran the first mile at 7:33 and the second at 7:28. feeling good about a sub-7:00 two miles saturday. that's my goal! i'm announcing it to make me work harder.

No comments: